Friday, December 02, 2005

A forgotten benefit

I was in the elevator going up to my apartment the other evening and I smelled a wonderous smell. A smell I had almost forgotten about. The smell of a live Christmas tree. I love live trees. I know it probably violates all of my tree hugging tendencies but growing up we always had live trees and some day I will have one again. Currently I use a fake tree I bought in Fairbanks in 1997 for 20 bucks from Pick and Save. It looks like ass, and every year it looks a little worse. So, one thing I am looking forward to when I visit the fam, a live Christmas tree. AND and and... how could I forget? My absolute favorite pie, a black forest cherry pie. Yum!

Ok the link to the pie is totally not the right recipe, but it gives you kind of an idea. Although the inside is full of vanilla and chocolatey goodness with a layer of cherries between the 2 and then cherries on top. Oh so delicious.

1 comment:

Stephen said...

The pie recipe was bookmarked.

Do tell the rest of your actual recipe. I was hoping to make something very similar on Thanksgiving, but the oven went out and the two other pies weren't even finished!

Mmmm... cherries and almonds!