Wednesday, December 07, 2005

An Unseen Bonus

My new coat from my folks for Christmas is actually 2 pieces. There's the outer weatherproof part with a hood and all that. Then another jacket zips inside and is the toasty warm part. The outer is navy blue and the inner is yellow. Very yellow. When I wore the inner part by itself the other day to work, I got the following comments: "My, that's a statement." and "Wow. That's Yellow. If I wasn't awake before, I'd be awake now." I like it so what do I care. It makes me happy. AND as a total unseen bonus, for a change I'm not invisible when I assert my city given right as a pedestrian to walk across the street and not get hit. No driver can claim they didn't see me when I'm wearing that! Kate (from college) would be impressed I'm wearing yellow. When in college I hated yellow with a passion. Now I can dig it.

2 comments:

... said...

Sounds like you finally got something from your parents that wasn't second hand???

Joanne said...

My mother and I were instant messaging a few weeks ago and she kept sending me links to new jackets. Until we found one I liked enough. It was supposed to be back ordered until January so it was sent to my home. Imagine my surprise when it showed up on November 11th.

The new jacket is a shock for 2 reasons... 1 - it is NEW and 2 - it was on The List! I'm still getting over that.