Sunday, December 04, 2005

Disappointment & redemption

Disappointment
I'm pretty even keeled. Matty is laughing at this I'm sure, but it takes a lot to really rile me up. When driving I never ever honk the horn, I hate it. I think people use it way too much. So today, I'm on my way out to my favorite restuarant and happily driving along when a brand new car decides to come into my lane... where the front part of my car still happened to be. The car behind me was far enough back so I hit the brakes and hit the horn. Meep. MEEP?? That's it? That's all I get to vent my 'holy shit asshole you almost caused me to hit you?' Meep. Pathetic. Damn Honda Civics.

Redemption
Since moving up here, most of the Fred Meyers stores I have been to have been somewhat disappointing. The one that used to be near my house (which got shifted out to be a giant QFC grr) was weird and disjointed, but it at least carried what I needed. The one in Edmonds that I go to when I go there for lunch was trashy at best and now under construction so it sucks. There was another one I went to in Lake City that was eh. So imagine my joy yesterday when I went into the one in Ballard. It was beautiful. It had everything the Fairbanks one had. It was like the Fred Meyers of my dream. It was clean and shiny and pretty. I loved it.

1 comment:

... said...

I tend to use my horn when appropriate. I got used to horns being used when I was in Asia and I am sure it is a far cry better than my other option, which would be to flip people off...haha.