Saturday, December 31, 2005

Well, that's one way.

My mom and I had a particularly spectacular blowout on Thursday before I left. There were tears and screaming and yelling on the front yard. We left earlier than intended. It was awful.

Today she instant messages me as though nothing has happened. I suppose that's one way to deal. Of course in doing so, I spoke about the Great Family vacation as though it had not been cancelled and she said something about taking care of the dogs so I assume that means she is going to go too now. Whatever.

3 comments:

Kate the Peon said...

Oh, Jo, that's horrible. Sorry things ended that way.

As for how things are handled afterwards...yep, that's my family too. Sigh.

Jodi said...

Family drama sucks. Especially when it isn't really resolved. My husband's family is much more dramatic though. In mine, we just don't talk about things. I don't know which is worse!

Lynn Green said...

Time heals all wounds. Or is it Time wounds all heals?