Monday, December 26, 2005

No family visit is complete without it.

Well, because no family visit is complete without a veiled discussion of my weight, today's statement from my mother (with no preface whatsoever we were not discussing this, it was just completely random) "You know, that Splenda isn't bad at all." To which I replied, "No." And then both parents had to tell me how not gross Splenda is and how much they like it. Now I don't give a rat's ass if it is or it isn't gross but I really really hate that.

2 comments:

Peeved Michelle said...

I can't believe you voluntarily signed up for this again in the Spring.

Unknown said...

Seriously. How about for your spring trip you get a bunch of those Nerf-like bats and label them with a couple of your 'rents' favorite issues and let them physically bash you with them while they're making you nuts.

:P

I've got an unopened box of Splenda at the house if you want to give it a try. Sparky puts it in his tea, and I bought it for when he comes down for a visit. However, when he was coming down, I couldn't find it because I'd just moved into the current apartment and ran out and bought another box.

See, sometimes even my life is complicated.