Thursday, December 15, 2005

Yarn angels

The girls & I made yarn dolls tonight. To make them into angels, we took some very wide sparkly ribbon and tied it in a bow to make it look like wings. They turned out very very cute. I wish I had remembered my camera so I could take pics, although I spent most of the meeting helping the girls. The girls liked them and at least 1 wants to put it on her tree at home. That's all I really am looking for. This fulfilled a requirement for one of the try its for the brownies.

We were talking today at the meeting. The girls really want to do the sewing badge. I don't have enough mad skillz to teach them, so I thought about talking to the Stitches owner (which is where I learned to sew) about doing a class. This is a brilliant idea. Except. And this is a BIG except. Stitches is next door to a sex toy shop. A sex toy shop that displays all their wares in the windows. How do I get the girls into the sewing shop without going past that? I may see if she'd be willing to come to us. We can come to the store from the other direction (which would be the direction we would need to come anyway) but I just worry a bit. I mentioned to the moms that this would be a potential problem. I will cross the bridge when we get there I suppose.


I'm supposed to be cooking pizza for my potluck tomorrow. I haven't eaten dinner yet so that will also be my dinner. Last year I made it for the potluck and dropped the whole damn thing on the floor when I was heating it up and so no pizza for the potluck. :(


I think I was cock blocked by Matty this afternoon. I was in my office after work waiting for the meeting. Matthew stopped in to chat. We chatted. WC walked by and did something. Then went back into his office. Then about 15 min later he left. Sometimes he stops in and chats with me. He totally did not today. I've mentioned before that I have a gay friend. I'm sure he didn't necessarily put 1 + 1 together and come up with Matty being the gay one. Now I will have to find a way to work that into a conversation. Technically, if I follow Michelle's timeline, I only have 1 week to go. Think I should go all Love Actually and say that since you are supposed to be honest at Christmas here goes... :) (I jokes Michelle I jokes! I totally won't do that!)

2 comments:

Peeved Michelle said...

You'll be sorry if you do. Don't believe me? Just try it. It was fine for the guy in Love Actually because he was a GUY.

P.S. Love Actually is my favorite Christmas movie.

Joanne said...

Well and the guy just did it, but didn't get the girl. That would suck worse! Unrequited is much better than totally rejected.

And I knew that about Love Actually. :)