Monday, August 30, 2004

Assanine System

Ok... I have a teeny tiny student loan from when I was in college in Alaska. Seriously... I totally should've paid it off by now but I haven't. Now that I'm poor, I have been just doing the min payment. Originally I was on some sort of auto pay system where it just deducted the amount on the 23rd ish. Now somewhere in June they switched systems and I ended up paying twice and blah blah blah. It isn't that I'm stupid, their system is just weird. (or maybe I'm bad about reading instructions). So I get a notice in the mail today that I'm past due. How the fuck can I be past due since I'm on autopay? Apparently I was supposed to have surmised that my due date was the 15th and auto set it up for that date. How the hell should I know this stuff? If I had known that I would've set it up for the 15th. I called and they are changing my due date to the 26th which is when I have autopay set up. Wouldn't it be logical just to automatically set up autopay to be your due date??

No comments: