Tuesday, August 24, 2004

A bit of this & bit of that

Obsession... You're my obsession: I seem to be obsessed with cake lately. This whole morning while I worked out at the gym (more on that in a few) I had this little ditty running through my head... "If I knew you were coming I'dve baked a cake." It is either a song from like the 30's or earlier or maybe from a cartoon. I don't know... but then it made me think about the cake I have at home and I got hungry. After this brief 2 - 3 month cake obsession, I'll stop eating cake again for years and you won't have to hear about it.


Let's get physical... physical: At the gym today I hit 190+ strides/min. Wahoo! I could only maintain that for the last 2 minutes of my workout but that was very good. I also discovered that the way to stay cool at the gym apparently is to wear a rain soaked t-shirt while working out. Yesterday I upped my twisty weight to 70 lbs. Things are cruising right along. Of course my cake obsession is currently ruining any good things all this gym going may be doing but c'est la vie.

I don't want to work... I just want to bang on the drum all day: I've figured out why I don't want my boss to come back so much... I like not having a boss here looking over my shoulder all the time. My job now is so much like what I had with Carol vs having this manager who is always all up in my bizness, checking on what I'm doing. :) Plus I have the chance to be involved in meetings and plan design and all that and I like that. When she gets back I just go back to being sad little lackey. I don't relish this. I keep hoping though... that's all I can do... that the time away from her precious new born baby is too much for her.

She's my cherry pie... Okay that's the only song I could come up with that had fruit in it... but this last bit is completely unrelated to either Poison or Cherry Pie girls.... I bought fruit today from our law school coffee bar and it was yucky. The cantaloupe was too mealy. I am not amused.

1 comment:

Peeved Michelle said...

I feel the same way about cookies lately. Everyday I want some cookies and not the ginormous cookies that the coffeehouse sells, regular old normal cookies. Mm, cookies.