Tuesday, August 17, 2004

Satan Rears his ugly head again...

Satan in this case refers to heinous-ex-brother-in-law-who-I-hate... He has decided that my beloved nephew, Chris, is an adult now and should be living on his own. So Chris gets the boot this Friday. He decided this about 2 weeks ago or so... not really giving Chris sufficient time to find a job that pays a living wage, a place to live etc. And pulling the rug out from under Chris's feet since they had done all the pre-college stuff like go to orientation etc. My mother believes, and for a change she is probably correct, that the financial aid office turned Chris down for financial aid because Satan makes a buttload of money. If Chris lives on his own, then he'll qualify for aid. Chris does not believe this is the reason still wanting to believe the best in Satan and that Satan really believes that Chris needs to be on his own for a year (or 6 months? I can't remember which) to 'become a man.' What is it about kids? They want to believe the best about their parents even when the truth is so glaringly obvious. I know this is true, but it doesn't make it any less sad to me. So I have offered to let Chris come live with me and we could get a 2 bedroom apt and I would only hit him up for the increase in rent between the 2 apts and something for food since I'm sure he eats like a horse (what 18 year old boy doesn't?). I'm pretty sure Chris won't come here, though. I'm pretty sure he won't leave NC. He'll find a job and an apartment and struggle even though he doesn't have to because Satan says it is a good idea. Sigh.

1 comment:

Peeved Michelle said...

It just doesn't get any better for that kid. He definitely should come live with you. He could also earn his keep by keeping the house clean :)