Wednesday, August 04, 2004

More 30 Action

Since this is supposedly a "30 Angst" web site, I thought I would post some news about my rapidly approaching 30th birthday.
  1. 47 days and counting
  2. I went to a bar two nights ago and was carded.
  3. I was talking to a girl in my screenwriting class who is in her early 20s and said something about my husband. She said, "Oh, you're married?" I nodded. She said, "Do you mind if I ask how old you are?" I told her. She said, "I thought you were lot younger, like 25 at the oldest." She said she is definitely waiting until her 30s to get married and I told her that is a good idea.
  4. Another classmate, upon hearing that I am turning 30 next month, said, "You're going to love it."
  5. The bar I went to two nights ago was a test run to see if I would like to have my birthday party there. I would not.
  6. The closer my birthday gets, the less I want to celebrate it.
  7. I don't feel like I am having trauma about turning 30, but I am certainly not excited about it.

1 comment:

Joanne said...

Getting carded is nice... I miss that. I rarely even got carded when I was much closer to 21... I actually think the process of 30 is much more anticlimactic than I wanted it to be. I wanted some excitement over turning 30, but no... and really, even though I joke a lot about angst... It doesn't really mean anything.