Friday, August 27, 2004

Michelle's Dream Snippet

My dream last night was endless and disjointed, but I do remember this hilarious part...
My husband and I were at the parent's house of a high school friend. We were watching a video of us in high school that was taken by another friend; we commented on her bad videoing techniques. On one part of the video, I started playing the piano. I turned to my husband and said, "I guess I used to know how to play the piano." I can't play the piano. Then, on the video, I started singing along to whatever song I was playing. My husband was trying to say something but I shushed him with, "Quiet! I'm a really good singer!" I am not a good singer, but I was on the video. I watched myself sing the whole song.

Dreammoods.com says this:
Friend: To see your childhood friend in your dream, signifies regression into your past where you had no responsibilities and things were much simpler and carefree. You may be wanting to escape the the pressures and stresses of adulthood. Alternatively, the childhood friend may be suggesting that you have been acting in a childish manner and you need to start acting like an adult.

Video Camera: To dream that someone is using a video camera, indicates that you are reflecting back on your past and old memories. You may be trying to learn from previous mistakes or relive the good and bad times.

Piano: To dream that you are playing a piano, indicates your quest for harmony in your life. Consider where the piano is placed as a clue as to what aspect of you life needs accordance.

Singing: To sing in your dream, represents happiness, harmony and joy in some situation or relationship. You are uplifting others with your positive attitude and cheerful disposition. Singing is a way to celebrate, communicate and express your feelings.

Husband: To see your husband in your dream, signifies your relationship with your husband and the unconscious feelings you have towards him.

1 comment:

Joanne said...

Well, knowing as I do that you have a strong desire to go back to not working and to just being a stay at home writer & wife, I suspect the bulk of this dream relates to that. The friend brings you back to a simpler time, where you didn't have to work at a real job and make real money and be a real grown-up. :) You know you would be happier if you weren't working such a mundane job that is sapping your creativity. You keep shushing your husband because he is the voice of reason in all this. Deep down you know he's right and that you can't just up and quit tomorrow even though that's what you seriously want to do. The cheerful disposition part? I don't know how that fits in! :) Maybe you will be cheerful when you are finally able to quit your job.