Friday, August 13, 2004

More Dreaming

Joanne, you need to sharpen your dream analysis techniques, so here is another one for you...

I was surfing the website of my company and we had some vacation pics up. I saw one pic that was of a perfect looking beach. I thought that would be a great place to take a vacation, so I asked where that beach was. Whoever I was talking to said it was in Connecticut. I wondered if there were beaches in Connecticut, because you don't really here much about that. The water was a very deep blue.

Then I was in the photograph, in the water with the surfers. The surf is mild in Connecticut. I was bodysurfing with them and caught a couple waves, but then the waves got to be too big so I came in. I thought that the waves always seem to get big in the late afternoon and that I am always in the ocean in the late afternoon in my dreams. (I think, in reality, that is actually when the waves are pretty small.) The last wave that broke on the shore was so big, I barely made it to my towel before it crashed right in front of me.

My Aunt Penny and my cousin Matt's girlfriend were one the beach with some other relatives I don't remember. I dried off and had a peanut butter and jelly sandwich (what I always ate at the beach when I was a kid).

There was more to this dream, but it was unrelated to this part.

Dreammoods.com says:

Beach: To see the beach in your dream, symbolizes the meeting between your two states of mind. The sand is symbolic of the rational and mental processes while the water signifies the irrational, unsteady, and emotional aspects of yourself. It is a place of transition between the physical/material and the spiritual.

To dream that you are looking toward the beach, suggests that you are returning to what is familiar to you. Alternatively, you may be adapting or accepting to the changes and circumstances in your life.

Photograph: To see a photograph in your dream, indicates that there is a relationship that needs your attention. It may also be telling of a false image and that something is not what it seems to be. Alternatively, it suggests that you are clinging on to the past or to some false hope.

Vacation: To dream that you are on vacation, indicates that you need a break to recharge your energies and revitalize yourself. You need to break out of your daily routine and do something different.

Blue: Blue represents truth, wisdom, heaven, eternity, devotion, tranquility, loyalty and openness. The presence of this color in your dream, may symbolize your spiritual guide and your optimism of the future. You have clarity of mind.

Surfing: To dream that you are surfing, indicates the ups and downs of some emotional situation or relationship. You may feel overwhelmed. One minute you can be in control of your emotions and the next minute you are not.

Afternoon: To see a warm and pleasant afternoon in your dream, foretells of long-lasting friendships.

Towel: To see or use a towel in your dream, suggests that you need to deal with your emotions in order to move forward in your life. You need to find some sort of a resolution. Alternatively, it represents completion, a fresh start and new transition.

Aunt: To see your aunt in your dream, represents family characteristics and values. It is a connection to your own heritage. The aunt may also represent aspects of yourself that you like or dislike. She can also be seen as a substitute mother.

Peanut Butter: To see or eat peanut butter in your dream, suggests that you are having difficulties communicating your thoughts and ideas. It may also mean a misunderstanding; your words are coming out all wrong.

Jelly: To see or eat jelly in your dream, represents some suspicion or insight into a situation you are wondering about. The dream may be a metaphor for something that is finally taking shape. You have come to some understanding. Alternatively, it indicates that you are preserving or maintaining a sweet relationship

Sandwich: To see a sandwich in your dream, suggests that a lot of pressure and stress is being put on you. It also reflects your ability to do two things at once. However, sometimes a sandwich is just a sandwich. [I swear, I didn't add that last sentence myself. - Michelle]

3 comments:

TIMMY! said...

interesting....zery winteresting....

what does it mean you don't remember your dreams and you believe that you don't even dream at all?

Joanne said...

Ok... here's my stab at it...
Although it is probably obvious.

You're struggling with your desire to not have to work at a real job vs your desire to either be a real writer or just a stay at home wife or just not doing the job you are doing now. Cognitively you realize you can't be a stay at home wife and are probably feeling a tiny bit disappointed and devalued since you didn't get the writer/editor job you tried for within your company. This, of course, causes you to question your talent which is stressful to you. (beach, ocean, surfing, sandwich) You are optimistic about the future and your desire to be a writer, but maybe fear that you are holding on to a false hope thanks to your inability to get that other job. (blue & picture) You have been having misunderstandings at work with the PM who doesn't speak English which are frustrating you and contributing to this torment about keeping this new job that you hate. (Peanut butter & sandwich) Ultimately you know that you need to find a resolution to this job struggle, one that you can wrap yourself around and accept. (towel & jelly). Ultimately you just need a nice vacation from all of this stress... I don't know what Aunt Penny represents, maybe your fear that you'll turn up like her?

Peeved Michelle said...

I do need a vacation. The rest is probably true, too.