Friday, August 20, 2004

FRIDAY!!! :D

Today is one of the last Fridays (in fact for me, it is THE last Friday) that we get to leave at 2 while the 3rd of us admins stays until 4:30. Next Friday is the last one and it is my stay late week. Sigh. I really like leaving at 2:00. When it happens on Orientation Fridays it means that the bulk of my day is nothing. Those are the most awesome. Thus far this morning, I have spent most of it counting down the seconds until I get to leave... BUT I have had 2 people gripe at me. One is my fault. I should've stopped a deduction and didn't do it in time so he had the deduction on his July paycheck and they had been on vacation blah blah blah fishsticks. So ok, it is my fault and usually we would just credit his money back to him on his next check. No, that's too late. He wants his 300 bucks NOW... If he were an employee who made like 1900/mo I could understand this. That's a lot of money to one of those employees. He doesn't. He makes 5k/month. You're pissing me about a lousy 300 bucks?! YOU. MUST. BE. JOKING! So I went over to payroll and they're processing and no problems but still... The other was calling on a loan request whining in the phone about how she has no money... a - not my problem and b - I faxed the paperwork back 3 days ago, also not my problem... Student worker came in and filed a bunch of crap for me yesterday. I heart student worker. He does all the crap jobs I don't want to do. :D (Technically I'm not allowed to heart student worker... sexual harrassment and no fraternization and all that)

In other news... V & I are volunteering at the paint out tomorrow. I did this last year. It is hard work but the benefits really pay off. They will feed us lunch (ok not me because lunch is sandwiches, but lunch IS at the firehouse and yum fireboys). They feed us breakfast. On Sunday is a celebration where they feed us again AND have tons of door prizes and alcohol. Last year I think they had a door prize for almost everyone who volunteered. Last year I ended up with a 25.00 gift certificate to this shop downtown where 25 bucks would hardly make a dent in the cost of ANYTHING. This year I hope to win something slightly more useful... a gift certificate to one of the health food co-ops maybe. :)

Finally on the health food front... I was so excited to see that now that my local QFC has been redone, they are carrying a bunch of GF mixes that I used to have to travel to the Fred Meyer to get. My excitement was quickly dashed when I discovered that the markup was a dollar more than what Fred Meyer's sold theirs for. So that a mix I can get by ordering it online at 4.59 (already expensive) was usually about 5.50 at Fred Meyer and is 6.79 at QFC. Asshats. They also don't carry my crackers. :(

No comments: