Wednesday, August 04, 2004

Dream Snippets

I don't remember my whole dream from last night, but here goes...

There was some sort of meeting going on at my house. It was just breaking up, so I was clearing up and heading to bed. There was a lamp with a cute cylindrical lampshade in the corner of the living room that was on. I tried to turn it off, but it wouldn't turn off. I even tried unplugging it, but it stayed on. Next, I moved on to the curtains. I pulled the curtains shut but they didn't stay shut because they were coming off the hooks. I looked back over at the lamp and it was now off. It took me a long time to get the curtains back onto the hooks and when I was done, I noticed that I had done it incorrectly. The next morning, my husband and I were on our way somewhere in a borrowed pick-up truck. He asked me if I wanted any of the marijuana orange juice. I asked him what the hell he was talking about. He said that one of the three containers of orange juice he bought last night had "lime juice added" which was code for marijuana. The distribution company had accidently shipped it to the US and my husband had accidentally bought it. I did not partake of the marijuana orange juice.

I have no idea what this crazy dream means, but here is what dreammoods says...

Meeting: To dream that you are in a meeting, suggests that you need to redirect your energies toward a more productive endeavor. Alternatively, you are learning to accept various aspects of yourself.

Lamp: (1) To see a lamp in your dream, symbolizes guidance, hope, inspiration, enlightenment and reassurance. (2) To see a dimly-lit or unlit lamp in your dream, signifies that you are being overwhelmed by emotional issues. You have lost your ability to find your own way.

Lampshade: To see a lamp shade in your dream, indicates a need for protection form some intense energy or power. You may be trying to hide or be less noticeable.
JuiceTo drink juice in your dream, represents the gift of life and vitality.

Curtain: To dream that you are shutting the curtains, signifies secrecy and a repression of thoughts. You are concealing a personal matter or an aspect of yourself.

Hooks: To see hooks in your dream, suggests that you will get caught for your mischievousness and deceit.

Pick-Up Truck: To see a pick-up truck in your dream, represents hard work. It also suggests the need to return to the basics.

Juice: To drink juice in your dream, represents the gift of life and vitality.

Marijuana: To see, smell or use marijuana in your dream, suggests that you are experiencing an expanded sense of awareness and consciousness. You need to take advantage and draw insight from this new consciousness. The dream may also mean that you need to look on your inner strength for stimulation instead of relying on outside forces.

Joanne, care to take a stab at this one? I am out of ideas. Although it may be important to note that I am coming down with a cold and I feel like crap. My husband did buy three containers of orange juice last night but, as far as I know, none of them contained marijuana.

2 comments:

Joanne said...

Okay here goes...

You're wanting the job and hoping for it (the meeting suggesting to redirect your energies toward a more productive endeavor and the lit lamp indicating that you have hope). You're feeling a little overwhelmed by your feelings of self-doubt about your true abilities as a writer and nervous because this is the first time you've really gone for a job that includes your passion instead of something you just happen to do well. So you're trying to repress those feelings of anxiety. (The unlit lamp, the curtain and the truck... getting back to basics). You're trying to hide from the new officemate who is making you crazy... and you need protection from her annoying ways. (Lampshade). You are also realizing that you have to draw on your own inner strength and belief in yourself as a writer as opposed to listening to us who gush about all your writing. (Pot). The OJ represents the new life and excitement you will find once you have the new job you want, something you haven't felt for a while.

Peeved Michelle said...

I like it.