Thursday, August 12, 2004

Whipee!

Ahh, life is good. So tomorrow is Friday the 13th. What's the worst that could happen?

I am buying a sewing machine. I'm rather stoked about this, mostly because I have all these optimistic high hopes that I will be able to make cute little skirts and dresses etc. Who knows if this will actually come to fruition or if I will end up like my mother... stacks and stacks of material and patterns just piled on the table. Of course since I don't have the kind of cash to just randomly buy material when I see it & like it, this may not be a problem. It also isn't like I'm spending a huge deal of money on this sewing machine... 30 bucks. If I hate it, I can just resell it on Craigslist.org. My mother has decided she has more crap to send me. One of these days you'll go to craigslist and there'll be this headline... Damn, I can't remember the exact wording that I sent to Michelley this morning but something to the effect of... For Sale all the crap my mother insists I need... It will include such quality items as the latest thing she's sending.. a coatrack, this antique desk that I have in my living room that is broken and she doesn't grasp why this is a problem, letter sorter thingie that is in my kitchen that I will never use... And I still turn down at least 1/2 of the crap she offers. Today's offering were things like a pot, (No I have enough thank you), a variety of costume jewelrey (I don't wear regular jewelrey why would I start wearing tacky stuff?), and a jewelrey box. Sigh.. I think I've mentioned before that it gets to the point where it is just easier to say sure send it... I know it means more crap in my life but she wears me down... I say no to like 10 things and finally yes on the 11th offering. Then she slips like 15 more things in the box with the 11th offering.

I finished my sewing project last night. My yellow pants are cute, and not terrible. Button holes are fairly difficult on older machines. The seam is fairly crooked on the waist band, but that's okay for my first completed sewing project. The tube dresses I made barbie when I was 8 don't count.

My big boss gave me a nice compliment today... At least I think it was a nice compliment... He said that my emails to him are concise and to the point and he appreciates that. That kind of makes me chuckle. Although I did say in one today that an employee was chagrined to find out... blah blah blah benefitcrap. Hee...

The latest transcription project is going very slowly. I just can't seem to get into this one, although this lady speaking is fairly clear with enough pauses in her speech to allow me to catch up. I still find myself yelling at the tape at the interviewer though. :) Her story is supposed to be sad, although I haven't gotten there yet. She and her partner have been together 27 years and battled breast cancer together. Somewhere around the recording of this tape, the partner found out that there was something in one of her breasts again. I should've taken the woman who was a tomcat instead... she cheated on her husband all their marriage blah blah blah...

I think I just tortured a poor survey taker. I called like 10 minutes before the office closed for a 15 minute survey on coffee. I don't drink coffee, but have found myself at Starbucks twice in the last month. I love their double chocolate creme frappacino (I don't care if that is misspelled). So the bulk of the questions are about coffee choices and how important those are. Since I only drink hot cocoa or those blended drinks most of my answers were no or low importance.

That's all she wrote folks. Happy Friday the 13th!

No comments: