Tuesday, August 03, 2004

Two date theory OMG!

I've long held this theory about dating, that two dates is all it really takes to determine if this person is worth seeing again and again. I believe that the first date, both are so nervous and weird that... you just disregard it altogether (unless there is something REALLY glaring like he punches a waiter or grabs the waitress's ass or something like that... that is a guaranteed no 2nd dater). The 2nd date really tells the story. SO... Imagine my amusement when one of the people on the tape I'm transcribing states that when she was dating, she liked to give the person two dates so that you could really tell. I just felt I had to sign into the net and post this immediately. (I'm sure it has absolutely NOTHING to do with my need to take a minibreak from this wife and husband where frequently I'm yelling at the tape recorder... "Just spit it out... Just say it already!")

2 comments:

Peeved Michelle said...

What in the hell are you transcribing?

Joanne said...

I am working with a documentary group who is doing a film called In-Laws and Out-Laws. Basically the film is about the struggle along the past and now for marriage and spousal rights. The couple from last night, are a now married couple who were not married in the 60's when their first child was born. They had a bunch of difficulties with regards to their child and finding housing etc since they weren't married. The tape I did over the weekend was a lesbian who with her partner are the lead plaintiff in the lawsuit with King County over the right to marriage.