Thursday, August 26, 2004

Unsafe Activities & Fuddy duddy

So (and maybe boys will relate to this a little easier because well... boys are dumb. :) ) have you ever seen something that you just wanted to do even though you KNOW it will end badly and possibly with you in the hospital? I work on the 2nd floor of my building and there is this big wide open space in the middle forming like a courtyard open to the 1st floor. There is a half wall and on top of the half wall is a bannister/railing. I have the strongest urge to hoist myself up onto the bannister/railing and do like a handstand. Now I have no body strength to do this and I'm pretty sure the bannister couldn't hold my weight anyway and this would end with me plunging to the 1st floor injuring and quite possibly killing me. But damn. I really want to do it.

Am I a fuddy duddy? That is my left over question from yesterday. This student employee was walking around in a t-shirt that said "Naked hiking, get some color on your cheeks." She is not OUR student employee but one in the building in which I work. Now while I realize this is a student job, but shouldn't there be SOME level of professionalism? Or am I a fuddy duddy? (dammit where's my broom! I need to shake it at some kids in the yard)

3 comments:

Peeved Michelle said...

Fuddy duddy!

TIMMY! said...

nah, someone needs to slap that student employee around and make them do a ton of copying for being a dimwitted tool. Really...wtf, wearing a shirt like that at work?

and i think you should sooo do the hand stand on the railing.

Unknown said...

Fuddy-duddy.

Please, like you'd've want some crabby professional telling you what to wear when you were a student employee. Especially if you've spent most of the day sitting through mind-numbing lectures and ridiculous classroom discussions about literary sexual imagery.

*sigh* I miss college.