Wednesday, August 25, 2004

Self Pity Rant

GAH! She isn't quitting. No matter how many psychic "Just Quit" vibes I sent her, she is returning after her mat leave is over. Luckily she is only returning to 1/2 time but still... DAMMIT!! Why can't I ever win?

/end of rant


My cake obsession is almost over, this would be because I only have 1 piece left. :)

I was thinking of going to see Rent on Sunday at a matinee, but I can't rationalize the 50ish bucks it would cost. Sigh. If I could have my boss's job and she would just quit and be a stay at home mom like she wants to be I wouldn't have to worry about $$ like this. GAHH!

I've been reading this book, The Fat Girl's Guide to Life and I really liked it, until I got to the part where she lumped my Gluten-Free diet in with the fad diets like Atkins, Macrobiotic, Sugar Busters and the like. That made me a little annoyed. It isn't like I WANT to be on this diet. It isn't like I LIKE eating weirdass baked goods that don't taste exactly right. I emailed her a very nice letter explaining that a gluten-free diet is necessary to those of us with Celiac Disease or Dermatitis Herpetiformis (no relation to Herpes, sorry Timmy). I also pointed out that most GF foods are actually higher in calories than their non GF counterparts so this would be a foolish diet for real dieters. In a, we'll go with society although I don't think that's the true word I want, society where fad diets are the norm, to have a true medically necessary diet called into question and likened to those that are typically unhealthy and just passing fads (oh when will the Atkins revolution end?!) is disturbing. Wow... I rambled on about this a bit longer than I thought I was going to...

I'm watching the episode of Friends where the girls do the bad boyfriend ritual and burn the stuff the bad ex boyfriends gave them. I would do that, but I don't think I have anything that came from an ex boyfriend that wouldn't give off potentially fatal fumes. Or maybe I just don't have anything left over from an ex boyfriend... Probably one of the best lines ever though:
Phoebe: Now we need the semen of a rightous man.
Rachel: If we had that, we wouldn't need to be doing the ritual.
HAHAHA

No comments: