Sunday, August 08, 2004

Wasted Weekend?

Do you, dear readers, ever feel like you have accomplished nothing on your weekend? I have no children so I can sleep until noon if I want. I have no dog that requires maybe a weekend trip to the dogpark. Bax is fairly low maintenance as far as weekend needs go. She doesn't especially like the park, but I drag her furry little ass out there periodically. If it is too hot, though, she gets sick so I can't do it when it is too hot and she doesn't like the rain so pretty much most of the time I'm off the hook. I don't own a house that requires weekend repairs or yard work. I could houseclean, but who are we kidding... that's so not me. Here's what I've accomplished this weekend, TV, TV and more TV. I also played my computer game, went to the grocery store and washed dishes. That's it. Oh, almost forgot the all important nap. I feel like I should do so much more on the weekend. These are my two only free days of play all weekend long. On Sundays, I always do laundry and I'm usually done by about 8:30 in the morning. I could totally spend the entire Sunday doing something away from these 4 walls, yet I don't. Laziness, thy name is Joanne. I did entertain briefly the notion of dragging Jakob (the laptop) out with me today to some park and work on the transcription stuff I'm volunteering to do, but somehow a nap took precedence. Goodness, what a boring weekend description. Next weekend, I must get out and see the world, or something. Shouldn't there more to life than just this? Am I PMSing random thoughts of faux deepness? Do you even have PMS when you're on the pill? These and other pressing questions answered after a word from our sponsor. But now it is time for Dead Like Me...

1 comment:

Peeved Michelle said...

The worst part about having a house and dogs is that when you find you are still staying in bed until noon, you feel even guiltier about it. I did get out of bed at 12:15 to get some crackers and diet soda. Mm, soda. Thank God we have a doggy door.