Monday, September 13, 2004

Accomplishing things...

So now that I'm at an age where I THINK I should have my shit together and yet I still don't. (Sigh). I am noticing much more people who are my age or younger who do have their shit together. And I know people are all different and they probably didn't spend a year taking care of sick family blah blah blah. This accomplishment thing becomes so much more clear to me when I look at some of our new faculty... who are my age. This means that not only do they have their shit together, but they managed to get it together enough to do a graduate degree AND find an employer crazy enough to hire them to teach whatever they are graduate degreed in. They do have to keep up writing and all that crap, profound papers that some crazy journal actually prints. Of course, some of them, I look at their salaries and want to laugh my ass off. It frightens me that people with master's make less than I do, but such is the life of a fine arts person or an english prof. For future reference, Law profs & business profs. That's where the big $$ are. Some science profs fall into that catagory too, but more obscure science I think. Can you teach rocket science... big $$ generic bio... not so much.

No comments: