Tuesday, September 07, 2004

Hmmm... grown up?

As I sit here and eat a red, white and blue popsicle (which I currently love eating) I get a phone call that I thought was a typical telemarketer. Interestingly enough, it was, BUT with an actual useful product. Apparently there are a number of home loan programs here in WA for people trying to buy their first house where you can get low interest, no down payment loans and there are also grants for the closing costs to help with that too. I signed up for a seminar. I'll get a packet in the mail to be able to be sure this is all on the up and up. Thanks to the power of the internet, I've found the site for the group he was telling me about and it IS on the up and up. Once I attend this thing, I have up to 2 years to begin the process and get in under the programs. Who knows if I really would buy a house... The thought has crossed my mind periodically. Maybe it is one of those now that I'm getting older things. :) Usually, lately, though when I look at buying a house I think hmmm... they want how much for a down payment?? and I get paid How much?? Oh not happening and surf away from the page I was on. There are income guidelines, and I fear I actually qualify. The max house price, though is 280k. Are there homes in Seattle that sell for less than that??

No comments: