Sunday, September 12, 2004

Shortness & Random memory

I was just sitting here watching Trading Spaces when a phrase in a voice I haven't heard in a while entered into my head. (Damn that sounds like I'm a little MPD but I'm not, I'm completely saneish) I used to have this client at the group home I worked at in AZ who didn't have a lot of verbal skills. That was actually one of the things we worked on. She was THE stereotype of a developmentally disabled person because she really was happy and easy going much of the time. (Although she did have this habit when stressed of biting her hand so she had these enormous calluses on her hands because of this). When she'd get really excited, she'd lose pretty much all her other words and just say "Happy. Happy." For some reason her little voice saying "Happy, Happy" just popped into my head. Another phrase she used frequently... Me you walk? She loved to walk around the neighborhood so this was a constant request.

I'm 5'7" tall. This is not necessarily short but definitely isn't tall. I suppose I would be average height. I was at QFC today grocery shopping and I wanted this pizza sauce. It was on the top shelf and way back. I kept trying to stand on tippy toe to reach it. At least 3 tall guys walked past me. Did any of them offer to help a poor gal reach? No, buttheads. Finally I had to buy a different brand which I've never tried before and it was pretty good.

1 comment:

Peeved Michelle said...

Average height for a woman is 5'4".