Thursday, February 24, 2005

Mid-Winter Break

Did you know that this week was mid-winter break for the Seattle Public School System? Neither did I. And apparently none of my Brownie moms thought to point this out to me. It was the 2 Brownies who showed up tonight that pointed this out. Keep in mind I have 7 Girl Scouts officially registered and at least 6 who show up regularly. I'm not as peeved as I could/should be because I think they forget that I don't have kids so how would I know these things. I offered to let the girls go home early, but these gals are die hard. We did the 2 projects I had planned. They are 2 of my 3 favorites so I consider this a successful meeting. :) Not only is this week mid-winter break, BUT somewhere in the future, they will also have spring break. Do these kids ever attend school? I can't believe I almost forgot the funniest part of the meeting. I'm sitting there with little girl 1 and she keeps saying "Joanne, you look different tonight." I have no idea what she is talking about and say things like "no, my hair is the same" and "my glassess are the same". Finally about 3/4ths of the way through the meeting I discover what she is talking about. Apparently I had put my elbow in the glue and THIS was her way of telling me. :P And no, she isn't the one who told me that I just don't seem like a dating person. Goofballs. They're lucky I like them, or something.

Sampson has 2 minor keyboard issues that drive me nuts. 1 - The delete key isn't in the right place so I keep hitting it and ending up hitting the key that makes the menus across the top drop down. 2 - The little key that looks like the windows sign that you use in conjunction with the "m" key to make all the windows minimize also isn't where I'm used to and until about 30 seconds ago I didn't think it was there at all. But I have found it. Weird.

Yo estoy muy cansada. Good night New Orleans!

No comments: