Monday, February 07, 2005

Vindication!

So you may or may not recall from this post that I attended a UAF basketball game and was completely disgusted by the word 'Nanooks' scrawled across all the girls' asses. Well, in true old lady style, I emailed the coach and director of athletics. Much to my shock and awe, I actually received a response. The coach doesn't like them either. They were purchased before she started and she can only replace one uniform a year. She replaced the home uniforms this year and will replace the away uniforms next year. I would think to make a better impression of the team one would replace the away uniforms first, but you know... I'm not a coach so what do I know. Either way, yay, next year when I go watch girls bball with MP, I will not have to see that again. It is a true sign of my turning into my fatherness that I am actually quite tickled that I received a response.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I would've changed the away uniforms first as well. Clearly, lesbians don't know stuff.

Kate the Peon said...

Helloooo, more fans come to the home games. The people who see the girls play away are, surprisingly, those who live away. So really, replacing the home uniforms first makes sense.

Stephen said...

Uhh... why doesn't the coach simply dye the shorts?

I prefer the term "Gadzooks"...

btw - I've never heard of lesbians playing basketball. AFAIK, lesbians spend all of their time playing darts **grin**

Unknown said...

If you knew the crowd in Fairbanks you would understand that being fashion-conscious is not so important for the home crowd. You don't want other teams talking smack about you, though, or making fun of your ass-words.