Wednesday, February 16, 2005

Things that make me exceedingly unhappy...

The NHL has officially cancelled this season! Bastard hockey players AND owners! I don't claim to be an expert on salary negotiation for big names in sports, although I do feel they get paid too much as it is. They being almost if not all professional athletes. Maybe professional swimmers don't get paid too much... is there even such a thing as professional swimmers?
With Bettman's announcement the NHL earned the dubious distinction of
becoming the first North American professional sports league to lose a
season to a labor dispute.
The Stanley Cup has been awarded every year since 1893 with an exception of
1919 when the finals were wiped out by an influenza epidemic.
This is according to the article I just read on Yahoo news. Now I am not happy.

1 comment:

Bookfraud said...

My wife, a canuck throught and through, laments this idiotic development.

bettman's an idiot. worst commissioner in any league's history.

no lord stanley's cup is a travesty.