Friday, July 29, 2005

Blather on and on

You know that character John Cusack plays in almost every movie he stars in? The one who just talks and says random things and women find that charming and fall for him? I'm hoping that'll apply to me, but I'm leaning towards not. In the continuing saga of Joanne looking like an idiot in front of workcrush here's today's sordid tale. I was headed for home, but went to go to his office for a legitimate business reason. I have money taken out of my paycheck and deposited onto my campus card for lunches and stuff, but the money wasn't dumped onto my card yet. It is supposed to happen on payday. I see WC and his boss, SK, in the hall and so we all stop and chat. I temped for the IT department when I first moved up here and SK and I have gone to hockey games together. She asked me where I was headed and I replied home, I get off at 2 on Fridays. Here's where the convo goes to hell. She asked what I was doing this afternoon and I told her and WC. Going to the doctor then library then the movies. She gave me that 'oh nothing serious' at the doctor kind of statement and I found myself explaining that no, I was getting an advance directive blah blah blah. Kill me now. That part over we started talking about the library. SK found it odd that I was going and WC mentioned he thought it was a cool building. I told him I didn't disagree with that but that it disturbed me to spend so much money on a building and yet have to shut the library down for a week because they can't afford to pay the employees. And that the kids area wasn't great for kids what with the exposed concrete corners and all that. But truthfully I loved all the glass in the building and he mentioned he liked modern architecture. Some other convo may have ensued and then a guy he knows came up and they were talking and SK and I were talking and then he rejoined our convo to talk about camping. SK informed him I was brownie leader, which we had been talking about and about the camping trip the kids and I did. He mentioned he had just had s'mores on a camping trip he did with his fam. And I fell for him a tiny bit more. :) Seriously, after all these random blatherings if I were to actually land this man, it would be such a miracle I may go back to the church. And for the hardcore athiest I am, that's saying a lot! :) Ahh well, maybe he'll find me passionate about things I believe in rather than an overly opinionated know-it-all. I can dream right?

6 comments:

Kate the Peon said...

I don't think that's a sordid tale. You learned more about him, he learned more about you. I'd call it a success.

Peeved Michelle said...

Did you ask him any questions about himself?

Unknown said...

I am so not getting how this is a bad thing. Were you arrogant and cocky? Did you, Heavens forfend, sound like me? Please explain.

... said...

Yeah, unless I am missing something, it sounds like you had a good conversation...whoooeee for Joanne.

SJ said...

You know what I think you should do - still waiting for you to tell us all you did it :)

Unknown said...

Do what Ian said you should do!!

(What is it?)