Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Spiderman... spiderman does whatever a spider can

An entry on Poppy Cede's reminded me of one of the tales I wanted to tale of an adventure last night... And not like that! :) The outlets in my bedroom are bizarre (further proof that the bedroom in question was not originally a bedroom). There are 2 on the wall behind my headboard. (This bedroom has enough space for a queen sized bed and that's about it.) The 3rd is in the closet. Completely in the back of the closet. I went to plug the fan back in to that one (closest to the window) and as I moved clothes around I saw it. A big ol' spider. I do not fear spiders. I rather like spiders. Because I fear other bugs, spiders are viewed as my ally. They eat other bugs! Yay spiders! However, I don't like big spiders in my closet, just waiting with their mandibles of death for my hand to reach in and grab a shirt not knowing my hand is in the presence of greatness. So I look at it and command it to stay right there. Surprisingly enough it does and I grab an empty Pepcid box from beside my bed and knock the spider into it so that I can release it into the wild. Of course I'm not releasing it outside MY window just to invite it back in so I go out into the hall and then into the stairwell and opened the window there and tried to shake it out. Mr. Spider wasn't having it. His mandibles of death were happy in my apartment and no amount of shaking was going to change that. So I shake a couple times more, tapping the box on the ledge and look in the box, hmm no spider. Look on the ledge, hmm no spider. Whatever, it isn't in my house anymore. I hope that was the one that had originally been on the ceiling in my livingroom and that I didn't have 2 large spiders in my apartment. And now that I may have inadvertently killed spider #1, #2 is going to stalk me while I sleep and take me out with her mandibles of death because that might kind of suck.

3 comments:

Kate the Peon said...

I'm not laughing at you.

No, really.

Peeved Michelle said...

Seriously.

Poppy said...

I'm sad to report that my spider was so insistent about defending his web that he dried up and died from the heat of the sun today. Poor little guy is dangling upside-down on a piece of web that's still clinging to my driver's side mirror. A moment of silence for the little guy, please...