Saturday, July 16, 2005

A day wasted

I spent the entire day waiting for UPS. I hate UPS. They never ever leave stuff for my apartment, you have to sign for it. Since my copy of the latest Harry Potter book was guaranteed to be here today AND according to amazon dot com it shipped via UPS. I didn't get online. I didn't make or take any phone calls. I just sat and waited. Until 6:45 when I finally called UPS to find out where it was. Apparently, they shipped it to the Post Office and then they were supposed to deliver it today. USPS failed. I'm pissy and disappointed. That is, I WAS until I went to QFC where I bought it. I will send Amazon's back to them and get my money back and not order anything from them that I want by a specific time.

I didn't get to the movies yesterday. I didn't leave the office until 3 because of a straggling employee who wanted a meeting. The movie started at 3 and 4:15 so I just headed home and took a nap instead. :) Tomorrow I think the back pack and new book and I are going to a park to read. Either that or the zoo. Which is near a park so I could do both I suppose. The zoo would be nice becuase I think it would be calming to visit the butterfly and blooms exhibit. It is one of my favorites.

1 comment:

... said...

I am still trying to understand why UPS shipped anything to the Post Office???? Didn't it have your address on it?