Friday, July 15, 2005

Yay tis Friday!

We get released from work today at 2:00 PM. Well 2 of us "admins." The 3rd sticks around until the official end of the business day. We love this system.

The water will be off in my building from 10:00 AM - 5:00 PM. If we even flush a toilet there'll be a bazillion dollar fine.

Do I go home and read my latest JA Jance book or do I find some other activity to do?

I find some other activity to do! I could go to the Cinerama and see if that movie theater fabulousness makes Star Wars 3 any more palatable. Comfortable, rocking, plush red velvet chairs could make that movie almost not suck. Or I could go see March of the Penguins. But I think what I shall do is go see Charlie & The Chocolate Factory. I'm hoping it doesn't suck. Like most my age I LOVED the original movie. It seems to diverge quite a bit form the original, but I also love Johnny Depp. I've seen mixed reviews. But, really, it couldn't suck any more than Star Wars 3 so I'm giving it a try... Unless I decide to wait for tomorrow and subject myself to the horror of the Pacific Science Center's IMAX on a Saturday afternoon. Oh who am I kidding... THAT would make the movie suck.

4 comments:

Peeved Michelle said...

Michael liked it. Lynette said it adheres more closely to the book than the first movie. There is a good review of it on Slate.

Kate the Peon said...

Didn't you already see March of the Penguins?

... said...

Go see Charlie and let us know what you think...I loved the first movie (have it on DVD even), and am curious if they will pull it off remotely as well. The mix of terror, humor, excitement, and fun was so perfect in the first one...but if anyone can do justice to the first, it will be Tim Burton and Johnny Depp.

Unknown said...

TB and JD are obviously lovers.