Monday, July 18, 2005

Mythbusters Rules!

It's Shark Week on the Discovery Channel. Mythbusters is hosting the week, and they've had a 2 hour special on debunking shark myths on TV tonight. I'm fascinated by sharks - hence my desire to go in a shark cage while in Hawai'i. When I was little I wanted to be an ichthyologist (among other job ideas I had). I based this decision in part because of a story I read in one of my reading books* about a woman who studied sharks. This is so cool to me. Jamie actually went down with sharks, no cage, just wearing chain mail. He was punching the sharks, trying to protect his bait box. And they would go away when he punched them! It was so cool. Someday I want to learn to scuba dive. It's an expensive hobby, so one I definitely cannot pursue right now. But maybe if I ever figure out what I'm going to be when I grow up, I'll find a job that makes me money enough to have an expensive hobby.

*I used to love my reading books when I was a kid. Excerpts or sometimes whole stories all compiled together into one big book! It was heaven. I can't remember the name of the story about the ichthyologist but I do remember reading the story and then looking up the regular book to read her whole story.

No comments: