Sunday, October 02, 2005

Accomplishments galore

This afternoon I did a number of things that needed to be done. As much as I resist actually doing things around the house, I do feel happy when I get a few things done.

  • I did dishes. I hate doing dishes. It takes me hours because I wait until I have no clean dishes left and I have to take a break every little while because I am being tortured so.
  • I've baked a nice roast beef. Yay for roast beef. :) And a baked potato.
  • I have repotted 3 plants and watered the others.
  • I have measured my apartment, well using my feet. It seems to be somewhere between 600 & 700 square feet. Christ, some of the ones in my price range tend to be more towards the 400 square feet range. I don't have enough space in my apartment as it is, I don't think I could cut out 200 - 300 square feet. (Matty how many square feet is yours?)
  • Ever since I visited my friend in Vermont, I've been on a quest for good apple cider. I bought a jar of this syrup that when mixed with water was delectable. The best cider I've ever had. The little packets are not good. Ever. Today while in QFC I thought I'd try a different tack. I picked up a package of mulling spices and a bottle of apple juice. Ok, now that I've thought about it, apple juice was probably not the right part. I have boiled 4 cups with the mulling spices and I'm waiting to see how the results taste. It is too hot just now. I have high hopes, though. Seriously too hot still.
  • Oh I also went to the library and picked up 2 new books and did my usual 3 loads of laundry. Now if only I'd gotten to cleaning the bathroom and mopping the entry way. Maybe next weekend.

Edited: Dinner was pretty good. Unfortunately the potato was undercooked. But the mulled apple juice cider was really yummy. If I use regular cider next time this may even be better!Yay!

6 comments:

Stephen said...

I'm interested in more detail on the cider recipe. I love cider, too!

Joanne said...

4 c Kroger Apple Juice
2 tsp Peak mulling spices. (I found it in QFC on the top shelf by the apple juices.)

Simmer for about 5 minutes. :)

Peeved Michelle said...

You could do a lot more with the space you do have. You have plenty of space in your apartment.

I never thought those little packets of apple cider were bad. I like them.

... said...

So you think if you bought apple cider instead of apple juice it would be even better? I like apple cider in the winter time as a diversion from hot chocolate sometimes.

Joanne said...

I don't know actually. This will be an experiment. The little bag actually seems to have a lot of the stuff so there's plenty to experiment with.

... said...

By the way, congrats on your accomplishments. I have read how much you hate housework so yeah for you on getting some of it out of the way.