Thursday, October 20, 2005

Unintentionally funny

Apparently without even trying I'm hilarious. Two examples:

1 - I was at my chiropractor's office and we were talking about something (I can't even remember what). I made the offhand comment that Matty says that I don't trust people but I do trust big business. And I always think 'Well duh, Disneyland has never let me down.' And my chiropractor said that she loves my inner monologue. I don't know what that means. (Ok I do, don't explain it to me.)

2 - I called in for the encampment lottery yesterday evening*. Earlier in the day I had sent an email to the outdoor program person because I had forgotten I had a chiropractor appointment and would be calling on my cell (whoo look at me all technological and shit). I have absolutely no recollection of what I sent in the email I sent. Something about I wasn't going to be at home so here's my cell number. There was obviously more to whatever I said because the woman who answered the phone (and obviously to whom I sent the email) said she found my email funny and printed it out and shared it with the office. I really wish I know what I had said.

*There are only 33 or so spots available to have an encampment if we want to use one of their properties. There are something like 59 service units in our council. We lottery every year to try to get a spring encampment slot. We did get one for April yay!

5 comments:

SJ said...

I need to get myself an inner monologue

Peeved Michelle said...

Clearly you need to check your Sent Mail folder and tell us what was in that email.

Kate the Peon said...

My inner dialogue would scare people. Either that or they would totally lose confidence in me. Hence, I keep it mostly to myself.

Joanne said...

I wish I could! My yahoo account doesn't keep the sent mail.

Unknown said...

You need to change your settings; clearly you need a record of your sent mail.