Saturday, October 01, 2005

Sin City - A prediction

I predict I'm going to love this. I've never read the novels, but I have high hopes. I'll add more once I'm done with the movie.

Edited: Ok, I clearly had no idea how violent and weird this movie could be. Holy crap. I really liked the style... the black and white with flashes of color. I liked the narration. I'm glad I've watched it. I don't know if I'd go so far as to say I liked it. I liked parts of it. And I was fascinated by the whole thing, that's for sure. I couldn't look away, and it is pretty rare for me to actually watch an entire movie without doing a bunch of other stuff while watching.

2 comments:

Kate the Peon said...

I was sucked in, but the really gory parts were too much for me, despite their almost cartoon-like depiction.

Joanne said...

Ok, there were some definite times I had to turn away. The scene with the dog, couldn't watch... The blood I was mostly okay with because it was so cartoonish.