Friday, October 07, 2005

A true story about Joanne & Cheating

Once upon a time, I turned 21 years old. I turned 21 on the Monday of Spring Break. How awesome is that? V & I spent the week out in Chatinika, AK, at a B&B owned by a faculty member. He was not going to be there. For my 21st Birthday a number of people I knew were coming out to party with us. Michelle was part of that group. Moral turpitude was part of that group. My boyfriend of 6 months was not. We were sitting around the table playing drinking games. Well, of course, I got drunk. Apparently because Moral turpitude & his buddy were cheating at them. Not too shocking, though, since that's the goal of any good 21st birthday, complete and total drunkenness. Michelle & I were supposed to be sharing a room that night. The way things actually fell out, this did not happen. Michelle was making out with MT's buddy in the room Moral Turpitude & buddy were supposed to be sharing. Apparently that left 1 place for MT. Yup. My bed. The giantest largest most huge bed I've ever seen. I'm fairly certain it was larger than a California King. We both begin the night at opposite ends of the bed. Quite a bit of coaxing and sweet talking occurs wherein MT is trying to convince me that sex would be great and I'm reminding him that I have a steady boyfriend. I don't cheat. Ever. Coaxing. Reminding. Coaxing. Reminding. The gap between us has steadily decreased until there really isn't one. He claims boyfriend is cheating. That may be I say, but that doesn't mean I will. He's coaxing, I'm weakening and then he says it. The phrase that still mortifies me. It is supposed to be a come on but it did the opposite for me. I laughed. I rolled off the motherfucking bed laughing and had to go to the bathroom I had to pee so bad because of the laughter. I came out of the bathroom and there was a giant amount of space between us again. Ten years later, Michelle & V (who have both heard the story) still torment me with it and an accompanying hand gesture to remind me. I still blush when either one does it. And yes, I'm going to leave you hanging on what the phrase was because 10 years later, I still can't type it.

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Wuss.

Peeved Michelle said...

Matty, do you know it?

Kate the Peon said...

HA! I feel honored that I know what brought this story on. (I even know the line and hand gesture!)

So, Jo...was bf cheating?

Unknown said...

J has told me the story, yes.

Peeved Michelle said...

One thing that I remember from that night is that the guy I was making out with said that my skin was as smooth as a still lake under a full moon. Moral Turpitude should have taken a lesson from his friend in the art of a good line.

Joanne said...

I never did discover if bf was cheating. He did end up dating a bisexual chick relatively shortly after we broke up. One never knows.

Kate the Peon said...

Wait - THAT'S a good line?

Barf. That would have had me giggling much more than J's line.

Peeved Michelle said...

As far as wooing goes, it's better than, "I want to f*nger f*ck your p*ssy."

Joanne said...

Blagh!

But yes it is totally better than that!