Thursday, October 20, 2005

Can you go home again?

I noticed a job posting at my alma mater for an HR generalist with benefits administration being 40% of the job. Now, the other 60% is the crap I hate and the whole reason I'm NOT an HR generalist. However, I'm really tempted just to throw my app out there. I'm sure nothing would come of it. And I'm fairly certain (about 84.5% I'd say) that I don't want to move back up there right now. (Maybe even 93.6%.) But it is tempting. I always loved Fairbanks. BUT, and here's the real crux of it all, how much of what I loved up there was based on the people that were there with me, and how much of it was Fairbanks. I suspect that too much of it would be the people, and they are almost all gone now, so that wouldn't be worth it to me. (Although the 1k permanent fund dividend annually might make up for it. ;) )

1 comment:

Kate the Peon said...

After visiting my hometown this year, along with my high school reunion and college homecoming, I can say without a doubt that the people and environment then makes up 93.2% of a place.