Saturday, October 01, 2005

I've been approved!

I wasn't actually expecting to be approved. I figured when lender said that I was asking for too much and this would put my debt ratio at 64% that was too high and it wouldn't work out. Yet I got a package in the mail today with a pre-approval for 180k. That's not a lot, but it is enough. Maybe. There's a set of condos here on First Hill that I'd think about looking at. They could be all that I need and they're well within my price range. Otherwise I can always look outside the city. Or maybe I just don't sign the paperwork and wait for awhile until something changes in my world that makes this more feasable.

In a wholly other rant, the damn building behind me is under construction. All the destruction they're doing to take down the building that was there and now will be replaced by a new 19 story building, is causing my building to shake. It feels almost as though there's all these mini earthquakes happening. This has been going on since some ridiculous hour of the morning. Sigh.

3 comments:

Peeved Michelle said...

Once you buy a place, you can increase your monthly income somewhat my increasing the number of deductions (or whatever they are called) on your W-4 since your interest will offset it at tax time. For instance, Michael claims nine and Bryan and I each claim four.

Peeved Michelle said...

Do it!

Kate the Peon said...

When I looked 'seriously' a few years ago I was also pre-approved for $180k. Unfortunately, that wouldn't buy me much more than an outhouse here.

Do it so I can have condo envy.