Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Mad cooking skillz

Tonight I decided I wanted these biscuits I make (from a Bob's Red Mill mix) and I decided to switch it up a bit. I used whipping cream instead of milk (hey it is great in mashed potatoes. Really. Try it.) and I added cheese to make them cheese biscuits (everything is better with cheese right?). Usually they hold their shape quite well. I just looked in the pan, I currently have giant biscuit as the 3 all kind of smooshed together. I just tried a couple of bites. Fairly dry. But they usually are. The biscuits are more like the biscuits & gravy type rather than the light & fluffy type you get from Pillsbury. They taste semi good and once I have doused them in butter they'll be even better!

Edit: Ok I was wrong. Dousing in butter did not help the dry crumblyness of them. The sucking the spit right out of my mouth of them. I broke down and heated up a few tortillas so that my dinner wasn't 100% meat.

No comments: