Thursday, October 20, 2005

Oh my head!

I went out with the boys last night. It's been a fairly long time and it was a school night so now I'm paying the price. V's birthday was yesterday so I joined him and some old friends out for booze. It was good to see the guys again, but damn I'm reminded of why I don't do this anymore.

I got into a rather involved (yet difficult to hear) discussion about why I don't think you'll meet Mr. Right in a bar. I think it boils down to the fact that people who spend every night in the bar have got issues. (V was not present for this convo) And I don't think that I'm incorrect, although they were fighting me on it. At least one of those 2 spends every night in the bar. And I looked at him and said, "Your issue is that you missed out on all of this when you were in your early 20's and now you're making up for it." (OK I will admit that at this point in the evening I'd had 3 drinks... 2 Black Forests [a kind of chocolate cream drink that's all alcohol poured in a martini glass] and a Pineapple Malibu and OJ) I'm actually not wrong on that assessment though. The guy typically dates only 20 somethings and he's in his early 40's. He didn't come out until mid 30's. I even copped to the fact that when I first moved up here I spent every night in the bar drinking because I was unemployed, broke and had 1 friend (who was at the bar too). But I think when life started getting better, I started going there less. And now I'm rarely there. The other one kind of saw my point I think. I pointed out that he rarely spends time in a bar because it served its purpose and now he has a life that isn't the bar. Even the 40 something kind of agreed because he said he joined the rugby team and softball as a better means to meet people.

I got to play darts with this Russian friend of V's. He's usually really good, but I managed to beat him 3 games to 2. Go me! :)

V had a bartender friend from the old bar he worked at there. When he first was introduced he hugged me. I am not, by nurture, a touchy person. We do not touch in my family so I find it weird to be randomly hugged by a stranger. I've gotten much better about being hugged by friends, but a stranger is too much for me. So it was worse when he tried to kiss me! Three times! I wasn't drunk enough to just go with it. And so I was just very "what's happening... what's going on here?" And then I fled, because apparently it has been too long since I've kissed a boy and I no longer know how to react properly. :) I need to find a way to remedy that with someone I actually WANT to kiss. :) (Also it isn't that the guy was unattractive, he was actually kind of cute, but I was just so befuddled.)

The way home sucked. I went to catch the bus (given the no hills rule) and it was 10:56 when I sat down at the stop. Now the sign said the bus comes at 10:53, and I would think I would've seen it as I walked up to the stop. But I hadn't and Seattle busses aren't that great at being on time so I figured I was fine, right? Not so much. At 11:23 the next bus came. Sigh. I got panhandled twice but that was about it. I didn't even think to walk up to the next block to catch a different bus that goes where I need it to go.

Got home. Watched my video tape of Veronica Mars. Went holy cow! And went to bed! :)

3 comments:

Peeved Michelle said...

If I were in the same situation, I would have kissed his damn face off.

Joanne said...

Yeah, you know, I'm all neurotic and shit. And mostly taken aback.

Unknown said...

I'm so with PM on this one.

One day I'll teach you to have game. Or marry you off. Whichever happens first.

Probably marrying you off....