Saturday, October 29, 2005

Myth vs. reality (I think this has been a title before...)


So I had been agonizing over going to the Cornmaze but decided to go anyway. I hadn't realized that the first part of the cornmaze would be just evening cornmaze. That part was pretty fun. Although this is the last weekend so the corn was pretty well trampled down. The paths were crazily muddy too. My new jeans are brown at the bottom and my tennis shoes (the ones I wear daily) are horrifyingly dirty. I may need to just break down and buy a new pair. :S So then we get to the haunted part. Firstly we stood in line to get in for 30 minutes. While we stood in line we did a little dancing game where one would do a move then the next one would do the first move and then add a move and on and on. So we finally got in and went through a misty tunnel area into the maze. It was mostly following a path. It was definitely fun and only a little scary. We laughed and ran and laughed and laughed. We were all gripping onto each other tightly. The last one to jump out of a bush was a chainsaw guy and he made me run (and maybe push a family out of the way... :) ) I'm glad I went, though it definitely was a good time. :)

1 comment:

... said...

Sounds awesome. We found out the hard way about the mud the first time we went...took forever to get our shoes clean and dry and the clothes all went in the machine as soon as we got back.

Second and third time we were smarter and had rubber boots to wear...barely slipped at all and the clean up was easy...

I knew you would have fun...sometimes doing scary things as a grown up is funner than it would be if you were really scared as a kid...