Monday, October 24, 2005

Happy Monday!

Is there anything more brilliant than clean sheets on the bed? Seriously. I totally didn't want to get out of bed this morning because I was just lying there so cozy in my fresh sheets reading my book. I've been working on reading Mirror Mirror for about the last 52 months I'm sure. (Ok obviously not that long, but it has been a real struggle and I wasn't actually sure if I was even going to finish it. I think I will because it is FINALLY getting interesting, but I had to wade through a lot of slog slow moving crap before it got there.)

I think it was last year that I mentioned I wanted to sew a quilt. It would be made up of T-shirts that I have gotten over the years for volunteering at the various places I go to. Most of them never get worn after the event but some of them are fairly cool. And even the ones that are less cool, I would like to put in because they're representative of things I've done. I may actually have enough for 2 quilts, or to make it reversable when all is said and done. I have A LOT of t-shirts. I was thinking of using just navy blue to bind to each shirt to make a border then attach them all together, but looking at this huge stack of jeans I have right now that are all unwearable due to holes, I am thinking I may use denim. How cool would that be? I've asked for a new sewing machine for Christmas. I'll need something heavier duty than my current old fashioned model. Although I should get the old one serviced so that it doesn't seem to want to smoke when I'm using it.

Finally apparently the ferrets are cokeheads. They knocked a can of Pepsi off the shelf sometime in the night and were very excitedly lapping it up this morning when I got up. Little shits. I should really know better than to leave that lying about, and usually I clean up the half empty cans, but I must've forgotten last night.

3 comments:

Peeved Michelle said...

A t-shirt and jeans quilt sounds awesome.

... said...

You did put in your request for a NEW machine, the new part in caps right? Or you will probably end up with something from a garage sale that needs tons of work...and perhaps even has a pedal instead of electric...haha.

By the way, that is a great idea for the use of the tshirts...I should do that, I have so many from our travels that I can't/don't wear but hate to get rid of because of sentimental reasons.

Stephen said...

Yeah - there's something better than clean sheets.

Clean heated blanket - going to sleep and waking up nestled in it ;)

Not to mention having two cats lying between your legs, so the bed is basically a big furnace!