Sunday, October 09, 2005

Disappointments galore

None that are serious... mostly a bunch of little inconsequential things. I was about 1/2 way through my favorite author's latest book, Two Trains Running, when I realized I was bored and will never finish it. I knew that the next book after Weaveworld would have to be pretty damn good for me to want to read it, but I figured my favorite author, Andrew Vachss, would be okay. I love his stuff. (And yes, I realize the weirdness of it all. I don't believe in violence yet all his books are about cold blooded killers.) Two Trains Running was a deviation from his normal stuff, and I didn't like it. There was far too much exposition about who was with what gang and what the gangs were dong to rise to power. And I had a hard time following who was with what group. So I read the last 15 pages and called it good.

I went to my favorite restaurant and had a bacon cheese burger. No disappointment there. In fact moment of joy since they actually had soda. (They didn't have it the last time I was there)

I went to Fred Meyer to find some jeans. Note to Fred Meyer... the Misses section is usually code for the fat chick section. I do not want to see size 4s or 6s in that section. They're undergoing remodeling. I could not for the life of me find the section that had clothes that would fit. Finally as I was about to give up, I found it and bought 2 pairs of new jeans. Yay new jeans! :)

Later this afternoon I headed down to the library to pick up my latest book and return the bad one. Unfortunately I read the website incorrectly so I was too late. And right as I got down there the bus I would take to the grocery store went by so no chance to catch that one. I ended up heading a few blocks over to catch a different bus rather than wait the half an hour for the next one.

In QFC I was hoping to find Country Crock pre-made mashed potatoes so I could make my modified shepherd's pie without too much work on my part. So instead I am making my own mashed potatoes and some beef stew. Which isn't bad either. I also have mulled a mug of spiced cider and now I'm waiting for it to cool down enough to drink. I wish I had ice. (I don't own an ice cube tray, and even if I did, my freezer is too full of other stuff and ice because I need to defrost it, there's no space for one.)

There are new episodes of Charmed and Desperate Housewives on tonight to look forward to. So that's good too. :) So maybe not a totally disappointing day. :)

2 comments:

Kate the Peon said...

The Misses section here means adult women. The Women's section is where the fat girls shop.

Joanne said...

Oh maybe that's the case and I wasn't remembering.