Monday, October 03, 2005

Bus & Stoplight Karma

I have amazing bus karma. I was walking up to catch a bus today, probably later than I should, and it was held up at a stoplight so I managed to just catch it. It is fairly rare for me to miss a bus, and if I do it is usually more to do with my own idiocy in figuring out where the stop is than because I'm running too late. When waiting for a bus and I'm not sure the time, I rarely wait more than 10 minutes before one comes along. Of course this is helped by the fact that where I usually need to go within the hills there are many bus choices that will get me fairly close to where I want and I've got no issue walking an extra couple of blocks. (Unless it is from 19th to 15th because that hike is a bitch.) :)

Conversely, I have awful stoplight karma. It is almost a guarantee that the walking person will change to flashing hand while I'm still half a block away to ensure I will not only have to stop, but wait through the longest possible cycle of lights. Today the 2 karmas collided. I had to cross 2 streets with stoplights to catch the bus I needed. The first street I partially jaywalked. The light was about to turn red and there weren't any cars coming. The 2nd street, I totally jaywalked. If I hadn't I would've missed my bus. So apparently stoplight karma trumps bus karma. Why am I not surprised? :)

No comments: