Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Why I am the black sheep

An actual IM convo with my actual mother...

Jo says:
I think I'm going to fly in on christmas eve day
Mom says:
check with Babysis....maybe you can fly to Phoenix and then drive down with her
Jo says:
but then what about back? would poppy or nephew drive me back?
Mom says:
no littlesis would i think
Jo says:
Am I foolish for suspecting that littlesis doesn't have as many days off as I do.
Mom says:
I want to talk to littlesis before you commit
Mom says:
i don't know ow many days shge hgas off or how many days you have off either
Jo says:
I don't have to be back to work until January 3rd. However I will be flying back prior to that to spend new years eve here in seattle.
Mom says:
o
Mom says:
let me talk to littlesis first
Mom says:
will get back to you later or tomorrow
Jo says:
Ok but before you get all your knickers in a plan. I cannot leave work before 3 PM on Friday the 23rd. So don't go making a plan that involves me leaving earlier than that.
Mom says:
ok]

Now see the bottom line makes me sound like a bitch to my mother, which I am. But there's a reason for this. She has been known on more than one occassion to create a plan in her mind and then discuss it with those involved. Then she gets royally pissed off when we cannot comply with her plan. And becomes convinced that she did discuss it with us prior to said announcement even though more than one of us will say she didn't. (Can you tell I've been burned by this "discussion" before?)

Voltaire! I can't wait for Christmas to be over so I can go back to my little hovel and remain undisturbed.

No comments: