Monday, October 10, 2005

Why did it have to be spiders?

So recently I posted how much I love spiders. After this morning's nightmare I may not love them so much. Arachnophobes be warned... I was dreaming I was in an apartment (very cute 2 bedroom actually) with the ferrets. And I noticed that a spider had formed a web in the corner. Not a problem, until I slowly realized there was more than 1 spider. And they were big. And then there were more and more spiders doing spidery stuff. Some were scuttling around. Some were building webs. An egg sack had opened and thousands of baby spiders were pouring out. There were all different types... some big... some little. I said to my husband (Yeah who knows) that I know I love spiders but something has to happen here so I started trying to spray them with Raid. Except that didn't seem to kill them. So we fled into the 2nd bedroom because there weren't spiders in there, except there were... and then the alarm woke me up thank goodness.

Spiders: To see a spider in your dream, indicates that you are feeling like an outsider in some situation. Or that you may want to keep your distance and stay away from an alluring and tempting situation. The spider is also symbolic of feminine power. Alternatively, a spider may refer to a powerful force protecting you against your self-destructive behavior. If you kill a spider, it symbolizes misfortune and general bad luck. (Hmm I wonder what it means if I tried to kill it but they wouldn't die?)

To see a spider spinning a web in your dream, signifies that you will be rewarded for your hard work. You will soon find yourself promoted in your job or recognized for your achievement in a difficult task. Spiders are a symbol of creativity due to the intricate webs they spin. On a negative note, spiders may indicate a feeling of being entangled or trapped in a sticky or clingy relationship. It represents some ensnaring and controlling force. You may feel that someone or some situation is sucking the life right out of you. (Positive and negative... interesting that)

To see a spider climbing up a wall in your dream, denotes that your desires will be soon be realized. (A girl can hope can't she?)

To dream that you are bitten by a spider, represents a conflict with your mother or some dominant female figure in your life. The dream may be a metaphor for a devouring mother or the feminine power to possess and entrap. Perhaps you are feeling trapped by some relationship. (I don't think I got bitten so this part is probably moot. Although one of the ferrets did get bitten and I was troubled by that greatly. I tried to cage them to protect them but that didn't work.)

Black Widow: To see a black widow in your dream, suggests fear or uncertainty regarding a relationship. You may feel confined, trapped, or suffocated in this relationship. You may even have some hostility toward your mate.
Because the female black widow has the reputation of devouring its mate, it thus also symbolizes feminine power and domination over men. (She was dead I wonder if that changes the meaning?)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

If you try and kill a spider in your dream and it doesn't die it means that, despite your self-sabotage, you're going to have good luck.

I'll stop sucking the life out of you right now. Or maybe you're going to get a hearty "well done" from Drew.

WC is going to want to sleep over for that.

I got nothing.

Perhaps it means you feel unfulfilled without a mate to devour? Or something?