Thursday, October 27, 2005

Day is done!

Thank goodness! We had a great meeting tonight. Only 4 girls, and one of them was a new girl, came. It was great, though. I had forgotten how tired I get at the end of Girl Scout meetings. We started painting on our T-Shirts. I discovered that I have absolutely NO idea what size these girls wear. Apparently most of them are into larges these days, so my mediums were way too small. I have a mom picking up more shirts before next week's meeting. And yes, we've moved back to weekly meetings. I refrained from pointing out that I could've told them that they would want weekly meetings. The shirts so far are so damn cute. I've painted a tent on mine, but I want to put more. I printed out a few cute pictures. One is a bear around a camp fire and one of my girls is working on that. Newgirl worked on a cute backpacking girl.

I also got 2 great compliments today. One from the new mom who said that she had heard great things about me from three (THREE!) different people. She was trying to find a new troop and they recommended mine. My little troop. Have I ever mentioned how about 94% of the time I feel like such a crap leader because I just throw meetings together and we don't do great service unit projects? The 2nd came from one of my other Girl Scout moms. She was talking to newmom and she said that I really loved their girls, which despite all my grumbling about them I kind of do. (And now because I'm a huge sap, I MIGHT be a little misty thinking about it.)

I emailed my contact at the Girl Scout office and told her we'd be willing to talk to the other troop about combining troops. I'm still not sure I could give up control. :)

No comments: