Wednesday, January 21, 2004

Against all better sense and judgement I emailed the yeti last night. I don't know what I was looking for... I'll claim closure or answers or maybe just to make him feel bad or me feel better and strangely enough his answers did make me feel 100% better because I realized he is an idiot. The biggest idiot this side of the world. My questions were something to the effect of : When exactly did you decide this? Before or after the last time we went out... If I hadn't forced the issue how long would this have 'dragged on' (Yup I said dragged on!) And I think I said that I was surprised because at that point I hadn't thought about marriage I just liked this guy and would see where fate takes us. His answers.. New Years. He didn't like my use of drag on and implied that he would have ended it soon and then he quoted something I said back to me about the fact that I wasn't just looking to be added to the roster of friends I wanted to think we were going somewhere. That's the line that made me go... WTF? There is the hugest divide between dating someone randomly (and by randomly I mean without any sort of stated commitment...) and marriage... there are like 100 destinations in between. And that's the point I got over him... Because he. just. doesn't. get. it. So to that end, I deleted all of his email. His email address is no longer in my contacts list. His phone number is no longer on my caller ID or in my phone directory and I feel better. (Ok ok I haven't cleared my history so I can still see his blog but give me time that'll go too. ;) )

On to other topics... the Jaycees are apparently a friendly bunch. I received an email last night from the president of the Washington chapter welcoming me to their little group. (God I hope they aren't a cult) and this morning I had one from the Seattle chapter president inviting me to their activities. Seems like it could be a good time. I'll check out the meeting tonight just to see what it is all about etc. Even if I don't meet any Mr. Rights there, they are a service organization (and I hope NOT a cult... you know having fled one in California *homestore*) and they do good work and I support doing good work. So these are people with common interests and could become my lifelong friends. (hee) However... I am wearing red to the meeting. ;)

No comments: