Thursday, January 22, 2004

Today's question du jour... Singles Groups... final act of desperation for the almost over 30 set or brilliant way to meet new people and potentially mr right? Talk amongst yourselves. :)

I can't figure out if all this crazy self improvement is stemming from a weird reaction to sudden yetilessness or perhaps more that I was starting to enjoy the idea of a companion (not necessarily the yeti i'm realizing perhaps i liked the idea of him too much) OR is it a weird reaction to being ALMOST 30! Perhaps it is a combination of both... I am (dun dun dun) alone AND ALMOST 30! Which brings me back to the question above. I would like to meet new people. Thinking about this all day long, I don't necessarily feel that the Jaycees are for me. I can't put my finger on why. Of course I could go to one of these groups and wander away with the same feeling. Are these groups any more or less acts of desperation than say personals ads? Although in this day and age, personals are a perfectly reasonable way to meet people and I am by no stretch of the imagination judging them, but more thinking if this may be a better venue for my energies. Is it any more or less desperate than eharmony which I unsuccessfully tried... I don't know. The 2nd half of the conundrum is then, do I join a loosely organized free kind (where I just pay my way for an activity I go on) or the kind like this http://www.eventsandadventures.com/ which will cost me $$ but ultimately will be better organized and as near as I can tell my fee to them covers the events. Most logically would be to join the free kind and then evaluate results and reevaluate to see if the expensive kind is warranted. Why is this this difficult?

No comments: