Wednesday, January 21, 2004

Commentary on the Jaycees...
1. And this is probably the dumbest one for me but I didn't realize that the Jaycees were the Junior Chamber of Commerce. For some reason this now colors my perception of them. I think it is beacuse of my parents (who are a wee bit crazy and strangely classist given that they are republicans) I don't know that they would approve. Not that I ever have cared about their approval. Joining them would be one of those things 'those' types of people would do, 'those' being the people from the richer side of town.
2. The meeting was fun, though. I think it is a possibility that I join. They have a lot of fun, but do a lot of good work.
3. Here's the question though... it is sixty dollars to join (damn six key is still not working) but in January I could join for only thirty bucks. Hmmm... There seem to be a lot of different opportunities to participate in their activities.
4. On the boy front, there were a couple of cuties but hard to tell... and a few hmmm... less cuties. ;)

All in all, I'm still thinking.

No comments: