Tuesday, January 27, 2004

Appreciation

You know right when I am feeling down or yucky (which I have for like the last week and a half or so) something will happen that makes me realize that really, honestly, my life ain't so crappy. Here's today's... I just spoke to a lovely employee of the U who is in some bad stage of breast cancer. She has had both lobbed off and has no hair anymore. But today is one of her cheerful and spry days so she is feeling good. Obviously, my life ain't so bad. I still have most of my health (ok all of my health in that as far as I know I'm not dying of anything but age right now). I still have my hair (until Friday). I still have both boobs (and you know that encourages boys even if I don't have a boy on the horizon right now). As broke as I am, I don't have medical bills commensurate with what a person with cancer would have and I don't have to worry about running out of sick leave or vacation days and have to take time off without pay. I exercise almost every day. I have the time and energy to volunteer. Life isn't THAT bad right now. Obviously it could be a whole hell of a lot worse. (I did joke once with Missy while doing the cancer walk with her one night that with my luck I would get breast cancer and lose the only 2 things I really appreciate about my body... my boobs and my hair)

No comments: