Wednesday, January 28, 2004

Volunteering and other stuff...

The Jaycees are now becoming a hmmm... do I go so far as to say botheration? I have received 5 emails from them today alone. I also received a phone call yesterday asking if I was still going to join. "Um well, no I haven't decided" I lied. I think they may actually be a cult. :) Good thing I dodged that bullet.

All of my self improvement plans have kind of stumbled... except the haircut part. I think it comes down to laziness. I am lazy. :)

I am volunteering for the fireman stairclimb (yum firemen...). It must suck to be a volunteer coordinator. We have had this series of emails about my volunteering on that Saturday (which I just realized is the Saturday before my birthday when I am going to have to clean like a maniac because I will have a houseguest). It started out as which shift I would prefer. My answer was something to the effect that I have no real preference, just what they need more help with. Then she emails back with she needs more people in the AM shift, is 8:30 too early? I reply... just fine and whatever you need me to do just let me know. Now we have to figure out what job I'm going to do... She asks if the registration table is going to be okay (in my mind I'm thinking HELL YEA! hot FIRE boys checking in with me...) but I play it cool and say whatever you need the most help with. I wonder if this bugs her?

Random side note... Owen Wilson's nose is just. not. cute...

No comments: